Words cannot describe how much fun I had at this year at Burning Man.
- Stepping onto the playa on our first night and the first thing we run into is this 6 ton spider. The ground shakes as it walks.
- Hot gluing 28 1 cent stamps to a gifted postcard
- Discovering the amazing beautiful hippie dome that played grateful dead on a stellar sound system. They had old concert posters up and a sweet hanging chair. It was like finding home.
- The people we lured into our amazing enormous dome (that T-bag somehow erected single handedly) with food and good will. Amazing conversation and connections followed.
- Starting a dance party at an awesome camp way down on 10 o’clock plaza, and then being gifted the in-humans cd. Its both groove-alischious and hysterical.
- Camp unity at level I’ve never experienced. I reveled in our collective slobiness. I shared a tent with T-bag, but we only occupied it together for a few scant hours. One morning, upon awaking, I was so surprised to find T-bag that I did a spectacular naked dance. He opened his eyes, yelled out “no!” and then started snoring again.
- The SLIDE! (AKA the wedge) Too much fun. Alternating from dancing to funk from the funk boat (they even played a bumpin old school song called “slide”) and doing another run down the slide. Eventually we boarded the almost empty art car to discover Rachel’s friend Marissa, whom we were supposed to go find earlier in the night. I asked T-bag what the chances of that happening were, and he said “about 1 in 4.” That seems about right for the playa.
- Happening upon the two guys wearing “Ask a mathematician” and “Ask a physicist” tee-shirts out in the deep playa, and peppering them with questions for half an hour. Apparently I’ll never get to beam myself from one place to another in my lifetime. Weak.
- Hanging around the space ship for 2 hrs waiting for it go off, and connecting with some really excellent people during the long delay.
- Meeting pac-man and a ghost at a “fireplace” in a box in the deep playa, and then egging them on in the their high speed pursuit.
- Dancing as hard as I could to some awesome breaks on the two o’clock plaza. Just me and the DJ.
- I asked the playa for a a new tire and a tube for my bike, and was gifted both during my daytime excursion.
- The look at Rachel’s face after she returned from the female ejaculation workshop.
An epic year by all accounts, leaving me with joy in my heart and the fire to return. I’ll be back, one day.
I thought this video did a good job summarizing 09: